Cuticle Oil Review
Silcare The Garden of Colour Oils ReviewWednesday, September 10, 2014Nail A College Drop Out
I got my hands on a few products from a Poland based brand named Silcare, and now that I've been testing some of the things that Silcare has to offer for about a month, I'm gonna show you my two favorites today.
Yay for cuticle oils!
Garden of Colour Oil Raspberry Light | Garden of Colour Roll On Oil Lemon Yellow
Let's start with the Raspberry Light Pink cuticle oil that comes in a 15mL glass tube.
What I like about it:
- Smells like sugary sweet artificially flavored & colored red candy, but not too overpowering.
- A little goes a l o n g way with this product. A tiny drop at the base of cuticle is just enough.
- It's very absorbent, even more so than my usual go to--organic coconut oil from Trader Joe's by the way
- The pipet is a fun, dare I say classy(?) touch.
- My only issue with this particular cuticle oil is that if you're
menot careful, it's easy to drip oil on places other than the intended area i.e. a pair of light wash denim jeans. Is it obvious I learned that one from experience? To avoid unexpected spills I suggest using the pipet while sitting still (read not standing at a bus stop en route to work).
Now let's move on to the Lemon Yellow cuticle oil that comes in a 10mL plastic tube.
What I like about it:
- My first thought after use? "Mmm it smells like Lemon Heads, mmmmm." If it wasn't obviously that I like just about any nail treatment that reminds me of something edible, it is now right?
- Much like Raspberry Light Pink, the scent wasn't too overpowering. Subtle enough to make me salivate just a little, but not so strong that I could smell it when my hands were away from my face.
- Again, like Raspberry Light Pink, the absorbency was the same; a little goes a long.
- The roller ball was much more practical than the pipet.
- No complaints here.
Overall, my experience was the same with these products, so it really comes down to a matter of preference. I suggest the Garden of Colour Oil ($2.96 and comes in 19 different scents) that has the pipet for at home use; and the Garden of Colour Roll On Oil ($3.33 and comes in a total of 18 scents) for the perfect on-the-go cuticle oil.
The cuticle oils shown above and so much more are available HERE on Silcare's website.
Are you easily wooed by pipets and sugary smelling nail care products?
Tune in. Drop out. Love polish.